Diagnosis & Treatment
It’s important for your health to get treated if you are suffering from shift work disorder. If you’re wondering whether you have shift work disorder, take a look through the following statements about your symptoms and sleep patterns. If you are experiencing any of these, talk to your doctor.
- I feel drowsy when I’m at work, or in my “off time” during family or social engagements.
- I have fallen asleep at work.
- I’m not productive at work. I often can’t think quickly or make good decisions while I’m on the job.
- I have trouble falling asleep when it’s time to sleep (when my shift ends, or when I am “supposed” to sleep).
- I wake up too soon. I cannot sleep seven to nine hours continuously.
- My sleep is “broken” and I wake up frequently during the time I should be sleeping.
- I feel irritable or moody.
- My shift work schedule has created trouble in my personal life (with my partner, family, or friends).