health interview survey. Sleep. 2010;33:149-59.
5. Rosenthal L, Roehrs TA, Rosen A, Roth T. Level of sleepiness and total sleep time following various time in bed conditions. Sleep. 1993;16:226-32.
6. Carskadon MA, Dement WC. Cumulative effects of sleep restriction on daytime sleepiness. Psychophysiology. 1981;18(2):107-13.
7. Dinges DF, Pack F, Williams K, Gillen KA, Powell JW, Ott GE, et al. Cumulative sleepiness, mood disturbance, and psychomotor vigilance performance decrements during a week of sleep restricted to 4-5 hours per night. Sleep. 1997;20:267-77.
8. Van Dongen HPA, Maislin G, Mullington JM, Dinges DF. The cumulative cost of additional wakefulness: dose-response effects on neurobehavioral functions and sleep physiology from chronic sleep restriction and total sleep deprivation. Sleep. 2003;26:117-26.
9. Bonnet MH. Acute sleep deprivation. In: Kryger M, Roth T, Dement WC, editors. Principles and practice of sleep medicine. 4th. Ed. ed. Philadelphia: Saunders; 2005. p. 51-66.
10. Cote KA, Milner CE, Smith BA, Aubin AJ, Greason TA, Cuthbert BP, et al. CNS arousal and neurobehavioral performance in a short-term sleep restriction paradigm. J Sleep Res. 2009;18:291-303.
11. Kamdar B, Kaplan K, Kezirian E, Dement W. The impact of extended sleep on daytime alertness, vigilance, and mood. Sleep Med. 2004;5:441-48.
12. Belenky G, Wesensten NJ, Thorne DR, Thomas ML, Sing HC, Redmond DP, et al. Patterns of performance degradation and restoration during sleep restriction and subsequent recovery: a sleep dose-response study. J Sleep Res. 2003;12(1):1-12.
13. Taub J, Globus G, Phoebus E, Drury R. Extended sleep and performance. Nature. 1977;233:142-43.
14. Tochikubo O, Ikeda A, Miyajima E, Ishii M. Effects of insufficient sleep on blood pressure monitored by a new multibiomedical recorder. Hypertension. 1996;27(6):1318-24.
15. Meier-Ewert HK, Ridker PM, Rifai N, Regan MM, Price NJ, Dinges DF, et al. Effect of sleep loss on C-reactive protein, an inflammatory marker of cardiovascular risk. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004;43:678-83.
16. Spiegel K, Leproult R, Van Cauter E. Impact of sleep debt on metabolic and endocrine function. Lancet. 1999;354:1435-39.
17. Spiegel K, Tasali E, Penev P, Van Cauter E. Sleep curtailment in healthy young men is associated with decreased leptin levels, elevated ghrelin levels, and increased hunger