RLS Treatment Options
- schedule every day, including weekends.
- Establish a regular, relaxing bedtime routine such as soaking in a hot bath or hot tub and then reading a book or listening to soothing music.
- Create a sleep environment that is dark, quiet, comfortable, and cool.
- Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillows.
- Use your bedroom only for sleep and sex.
- Finish eating at least two to three hours before your regular bedtime.
- Exercise regularly, but complete your workout at least a few hours before bedtime.
- Avoid caffeine (e.g., coffee, tea, soft or energy drinks) close to bedtime, as it can keep you awake.
- Avoid nicotine (e.g., cigarettes, tobacco products) too close to bedtime.
- Avoid alcohol close to bedtime.
For people who are unable to find symptom relief through lifestyle changes, medical treatments are available. Find a sleep professional in your area.
Here are some additional articles with related content