Living With Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS)
The following are some tips for coping with Restless Legs Syndrome:
- Don't hide your symptoms -- talk to your friends, family, and colleagues about RLS so they know what to expect
- Practice yoga, Pilates, or other stretching techniques regularly, preferably late in the day
- Arrange your schedule to be able to sleep when your symptoms are least pronounced
- Choose an aisle seat at the movies or on airplanes so that you are able to move around if necessary
- Plan travel hours when symptoms are least severe and allow times for breaks
- Schedule a Consultation with a Phlebologist to determine if varicose veins in your legs are causing the RLS symptoms. 98% of patients affected by RLS in a recent study found symptom relief after treating varicose veins in their legs with non-surgical sclerotherapy. Get a Free Consultation coupon with board-certified Phlebologists around the country.
There are also a number of RLS support groups around the country and they can help you learn new information about how others cope with RLS. For a list of such groups, go to www.rls.org or www.rlshelp.org.