sleep, and eating dinner together helped kids maintain a healthy weight .
Sleep is in large part under our control—reducing pressures on our limited time can help prioritize time for sleep and improve health and wellness.
- Wolfson AR, Montgomery-Downs HE, editors. The Oxford Handbook of Infant, Child and Adolescent Sleep and Behavior. New York: Oxford University Press; 2013.
- Dahl RE, Lewin DS. Pathways to adolescent health sleep regulation and behavior. Journal of Adolescent Health. 2002;31:175-184.
- Arora T, Hussain S, Hubert Lam KB, Lily Yao G, Neil Thomas G, Taheri S. Exploring the complex pathways among specific types of technology, self-reported sleep duration and body mass index in UK adolescents. International Journal of Obesity. 2013;37:1254-1260.
- Luyster FS, Strollo PJ, Zee PC, Walsh JK. Sleep: A health imperative. SLEEP. 2012;35:727-734.
- Carskadon MA. Sleep in adolescents: the perfect storm. Pediatric Clinics of North America. 2011;58:637-647.
- Haines J, McDonald J, O'Brien A, Sherry B, Bottino CJ, Schmidt ME, Taveras EM. Healthy Habits, Happy Homes: randomized trial to improve household routines for obesity prevention among preschool-aged children. JAMA Pediatrics. 2013;167:1072-1079.