How Atypical Work Schedules Affect Performance
Monday, December 10, 2012
- A., Magrini, A., et al, 2006. Shift work increases the frequency of duodenal ulcer in H. pylori-infected workers, Occupational and Environmental Medicine , 63:773-775.
- Pilcher, J., Lambert, B., and A. Huffcutt, 2000. Differential effects of permanent and rotating shifts on self-report sleep length: a meta analytic review. Sleep,23:155-163.
- Scheer, F., et al, 2009. Adverse metabolic and cardiovascular consequences of circadian misalignment, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences , 106(11):4453-4458.
- Schernhammer, E., Laden, F., Speizer, F., et al., 2001. Rotating night shifts and risk of breast cancer in women participating in the nurses’ health study, Journal of the National Cancer Institute ,93:1563-1568.
- Schernhammer, E., et al, 2003. Night-shift work and risk of colorectal cancer in the nurses’ health study, Journal of the National Cancer Institute ,95(11):825-8.
- Scott, L., Hwang, W., Rogers, A., et al, 2007. The relationship between nurse work schedules, sleep duration, and drowsy driving. Sleep, 30:1801-1807.
- Stevens, R., 2009. Light-at-night, circadian disruption and breast cancer: assessment of existing evidence. American Journal of Epidemiology , 38:963-970.
- Stevens, R., et al, 2010. Considerations of circadian impact for defining shift work in cancer studies:IARC Working Group report. Occupational and Environmental Medicine , Oct 20 [Epublication ahead of print]
- Tuntiseranee, P. et al, 1998. Are long working hours and shiftwork risk factors for subfecundity? A study among couples from southern Thailand, Occupational and Environmental Medicine , 55:99-105
- Violanti, J. Burchfiel, C., Harley, T., et al, 2009, Atypical work hours and metabolic syndrome among police officers, Archives of Environmental and Occupational Health , 64(3):194-201.
- Viswanathan, A. and E. Schernhammer, 2009. Circulating melatonin and the risk of breast and endometrial cancer in women, Cancer Letter , 282(1):1-7.
- White, L. and B. Keith, 1990. The effect of shift work on quality and stability of marital relations. Journal of Marriage and Family , 52:453-462.
- Zhu, J. et al, 2003. Shift work and subfecundity: a causal link or an artifact?, Occupational and Environmental Medicine , 60(9)e12.
- Zhu, Y, et al, 2006. Does “clock” matter in prostate cancer?, Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers and Prevention , 15(1):3-5.